As a small and intimate boarding facility, with limited space for furry guests, reservations at Tucked Inn Kennels are required, and must be made in advance. As such, we do not solicit or accept “walk-in” business, including our “Drop-In Visits,” and all of our services are sold as part of an overall package designed to provide a relaxing experience in an exclusive setting for you and your pup(s).
Tucked Inn Kennel’s facilities are not open to members of the public who do not have a reservation for one of our day or overnight packages. In order to provide the resources, deliver and maintain the facilities and services required for such an experience, the following policies apply to cancellations and rescheduling of reservations:
- At the time of booking, a non-refundable deposit (amount determined at booking) will be required to hold a reservation for drop-in visit or overnight stay for your pup(s). Please note that we take full payment for stays that are two nights or less.
- A confirmation email will be sent to the email address provided within 48 hours of the deposit being received, at which point the reservation will be considered confirmed.
- Once a reservation has been confirmed, any cancellation received more than 21 days prior to arrival will be processed at no charge and the deposit will be applied to a future booking within six (6) months of the original arrival date. Additional date changes will be subject to a $50 rebooking fee. If the deposit remains unused after six (6) months, it will be forfeited.
- Any cancellations received less than 21 days prior to arrival will result in forfeiture of the entire deposit. Failure to show up for a reservation, arriving a day late or leaving a day early will also result in forfeiture of the entire deposit.
- Grooming services are booked in advance and reserved with our exclusive grooming partner. Cancelled reservations, or any changes or cancellations to grooming appointments received less than 24 hours prior to the appointment start time will result in the full charge for the treatment.
We wish for anyone booking a stay with us to understand that there are a number of things that happen when you reserve a suite for your pup. We schedule our days and staff depending on the number of dogs expected, as well as the number of check in and check outs we have in a day. We may have had to turn away a booking to accommodate yours (which, as much I do not like to do, it does happen on occasion.) And, even when we are not fully booked, cancellations affect our daily operation.
Having said all of that, we are compassionate humans who value our relationships with our clients, and understand that plans change, life happens, and sometimes we need to make exceptions to these. Our official policies are as follows:
Deposits for stays:
One to Two night stays – Full balance, non-refundable (as per cancellation policy), payable upon booking.
Three to five night stays – 50% deposit.
Six nights or more – 25% deposit.
Drop In – Full balance payable upon booking. No refund upon cancellation.
All deposits MUST be received before the booking is considered confirmed. All reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis, and if your deposit is not received, you will risk losing the reservation.
First time guests, or stays booked less than 3 days in advance, may be required to pay the full amount of the stay in order to reserve your suite.
Cancellations / Shortened Stays:
New customers who cancel their first reservation or existing customers who cancel more than two times in a 12 month period may be removed from our boarding program and may no longer be eligible for future stays.
All cancellation requests must be in writing. Requests should be emailed to email@example.com
Cancellation received more than 21 days prior to arrival will be processed at no charge and the deposit will be applied to a future booking within six (6) months of the original arrival date. Additional date changes will be subject to a $50 rebooking fee. If the deposit remains unused after six (6) months, it will be forfeited in its entirety.
If you do not cancel at all, and are considered a no show, no deposit will be refunded, and the full amount of the booked no-show stay will be payable prior to any future stays. Additionally, all future stays will be payable in advance regardless of the length of stay. Two no-shows will result in potential removal from our boarding program.
Cancellations initiated by Tucked Inn will be issued a full refund of any deposits.
All cancellations and no shows are subject to review by Tucked Inn staff and may be addressed on a case by case basis.
If you change your reservation to reduce the number of days booked with less than 7 days notice, you will be charged the lesser of $50 or the amount booked and not used.
It is not unusual for trip plans to change at the last minute. However, please understand that we carefully schedule bookings for you and our other clients. Therefore, there are NO REFUNDS OR CREDITS for early returns or last minute changes to our overnight boarding services.