For the safety of our dog guests, staff and visitors, we kindly request that all visitors please adhere to the following rules and guidelines:
- Please only visit the property when you have a scheduled appointment.
- Do not let your dogs jump out of your car or run off leash at any time. We have family dogs that are oftenoff leash on the property and we need to ensure the safety where all dogs and people are concerned.
- If there is/are other dog(s) in any unsecured area on the property upon your arrival (ie: driveway), DO NOT EXIT YOUR VEHICLE until someone is able to secure the dog(s). Again, we have (very friendly) family dogs off leash who are more than happy to welcome you to our home, however, without supervision and/or proper introduction to you and/or your dog, their reception may not be warm. We make every attempt to have them secured prior to your arrival, however, they may be in the middle of a bathroom break when you arrive.
- Do not put your hands, nor let your children put their hands through the fencing to pet any dogs that may be in the courtyard. Almost all of our guests are friendly, but they are not guaranteed to be receptive to you or your dog’s presence and could potentially cause harm.
- Please pick up after your pet if he or she poops on the property. Waste bags are conveniently located by the front gate at the entrance to the building. If there are no bags available, let us know so we can scoop it up.
- Please refrain from leaving cigarette butts on the property. Puppies have the potential to find and eat them. We are happy to dispose of them for you.
- If there are dogs and/or humans in the reception area, please be patient and wait outside. Some dogs may be in an anxious state and could potentially react in an unfamiliar way towards another dog or person.
- Please keep your children with you at all times and do not allow them to try to contact dogs through the fence or access clients dogs on the property. Some dogs may not be child friendly and could potentially bite or cause harm. The outdoor courtyard is a restricted area and children are strictly prohibited from the outdoor fenced area. This is for your child’s safety and the safety of the guests we have staying with us.
- Please be aware that we often have cats and sometimes free range chickens and ducks on the property. While they primarily stay near their respective “houses,” they do sometimes wander down to greet our guests. Be prepared to hold onto your dog(s), especially if they have never seen these animals. You dog(s) may suddenly jerk the leash in an attempt to reach the animal.
OVERNIGHT BOARDING drop off/pick up times:
- Check In: 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Late Check In: 3:30pm to 5:30pm (no charge)
- Check Out: 8:30am to 12:00pm (noon) (included in stay)
- Late Check Out: 12:00pm to 5:30pm (fee applies)
Weekend / Holiday Hours:
- Check In: 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Late Check In: 3:00pm to 4:30pm (no charge)
- Check Out: 9:30am to 12:00pm (noon) (included in stay)
- Late Check Out: 12:00pm to 4:30pm (fee applies)
Late Check Outs are subject to a fee of $28+HST per guest.
After Hours Check In or Check Out: By appointment only; check in and out not occurring within these times listed above are subject to a $25+HST fee per incident in addition to Late Check Out fees.
Please arrive at your scheduled time for check in and check out. We make every effort to ensure smooth pick up and drop offs for our clients and their dogs, and missed/late arrivals may interrupt our daily schedule. Should you happen to be arriving early or late for your appointment, we ask you to please advise us ahead of time so we may make arrangements — and to please be patient as we may be helping another guest during that time. Also, if you are unable to make your scheduled time, you may be subject to a late and/or after hours fee.
Your pet’s overnight stay includes up until 12:00pm (noon) on check out day. Should you require late check out, a half day daycare fee (per guest) will be applied to your final invoice. Please ensure you have booked your check in and check out times prior to your pet’s stay.
Check in or check out times outside of these timeframes may be arranged and a $25+HST fee per dog, per incident, will be added to your invoice. Please understand that, although someone is usually on the property 24 hrs per day, these check in and check out times are in place in order to minimize the disturbance and stress to our boarding guests. Please respect these times and be as punctual as possible to arrive at your scheduled time.
WHAT TO BRING
Please bring enough of your pets’ regular food to last their entire stay plus an additional 3-4 meals. Your pet may need a little more as they burn more calories during their days of play. Also there may be times that you get delayed for whatever reason and switching your dog(s) to a food that they are not used to may upset their tummies. If you do not provide enough food for your pet, we have breed/size appropriate food on hand. We do have size appropriate quality dried kibble on hand, and your pet will certainly not go hungry. Should we have to provide your dog with meals, there will be a charge of $4+HST, per feeding, added to your invoice.
Please do not bring food in plastic grocery bags. Sealed Ziploc bags, plastic containers or anything that is sealed is fine. Please include feeding instructions either in or on the bag.
Unless they have a slow feed, or other special bowl, please leave bowls at home. We provide all the necessary bowls for water and food. Our bowls are made of stainless steel and are collected, washed and sanitized after each use.
Our mealtimes are approximately 8:30am – 9:00am and 4:30pm – 5:30pm, depending on the number of guests we have staying with us and dietary requirements. We do not feed any time after 6:00pm (except for treats and special needs) as tummies are full and the dogs are settled and relaxed after a good play day.
Please note that complex feeding schedules/protocols may be subject to an additional fee.
Yes, we support (and encourage!) raw feeding. All food for each of your pets meals must be individually portioned and packaged. Unless the meals are commercially packaged and portioned (each meal is the same), it is to be labelled with the date to be fed, which meal and which dog. For example, “Marley Jones, Sept 3rd – AM.” By portioning and labelling the food in this way your pet receives their food in a proper portion at the correct time. Again, please do not bring any bowls. If your pet has a feeding mat for raw food, please bring it with you and we will sanitize after each meal.
Please note: IF YOUR RAW FOOD IS NOT PORTIONED before your arrival, there will be a minimum charge of $5 per day added to your invoice for us to portion (weigh/measure) the meal. Should you not bring enough raw food, we do have 100% certified meats including Beef, Lamb, Chicken, Turkey, Fish, Rabbit and more with no other grains or additives, available for your pet. Our raw food supplier provides us with meats that are all locally sourced from butchers and farms. Our raw food prices range from $4.00 – $5.00 per pound.
If you have not provided them prior to, or upon arrival, we may wish to contact your veterinarian on your behalf with a signed release form for them to provide us with the necessary information.
EASY CHEW TREATS
Please feel free to bring easily consumed treats or cookies. Please note that we do not allow rawhide chews of any kind. Cooked or smoked bones, cooked/smoked pigs ears, and nylon bones are acceptable, however, if your dog has any resource guarding issues whatsoever, they will be removed from their possession. We also offer naturally smoked and raw beef bones for sale at our facility.
Please leave us with written instructions for anything that you may be concerned with. We collect a great deal of information from you prior to boarding, as well as during check in however, if you feel there is anything that you consider to be very important, do not hesitate to provide us know. We will do our best (within reason) to meet your expectations.
LEASH AND COLLAR
Bring your pet, on leash, with a properly fitted collar and/or harness. No pinch/prong or constricting (choke) collars can be left on your dog.
We are happy to provide blankets for sleeping on, however, if you prefer your pet sleep on a bed, you are welcome to bring one. Please note that bathroom habits may change while your pet is here, and sometimes dogs have accidents even if they do not do so at home. We do not provide laundry service for beds or blankets, so we cannot guarantee that the bed will go home in the same condition it was dropped off in. Additionally, if your pet is experiencing any kind of separation stress, he may chew his bedding for comfort. A blanket or towel, or even one of your own t-shirts, from home (unlaundered) is a great way to leave a comforting scent with your pup.
You may bring up to 2 indestructible toys that cannot be ingested. Please refrain from bringing rope toys, cloth/ stuffed animals, etc., as they will most certainly come home in a much different state than when they were left. Please do not bring your pet’s “favourite toy” in the event it is lost or destroyed.
Please bring all medications with your pets name clearly marked on the container, the type of medication, written instructions for dosage, as well as information for the prescribing veterinarian. While we will be inputting this information into our computer system, we prefer that we have your instructions to refer to in the event of a system failure or power outage.
We typically do not charge for medication administration, however, complex medication protocols may be subject to an additional fee.
Please note that we do not provide service for injected medications at this time.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFORMATION
The person(s) listed as emergency contacts must be reachable in the event of an emergency, so please do not forget to bring their phone number, cell number and email address.
Please be aware that you have designated them for this responsibility and they must be able to make decisions with regard to your pets care in your absence. Please also make sure that your emergency contact is aware that you have provided their information and they may be requested to make on-the-spot decisions for your dog(s).